“There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.” 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
I don’t know what your home and work lives have been like this Spring, but the church has been bustling with activity. My own life and ministry have engaged me in these happenings:
- Four young girls are preparing to receive their First Communion on April 22. I am so happy to see their enthusiasm and joy for learning about Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of his body and blood. They are Hadley Basalyga, Giada Frazzini, and Olivia and Ava Waldron. May God bless them!
- The Grand-Families support group has been evaluated as a very positive impact for the participants and the children. We at St. Paul have committed to continue twice-a-month sessions and we are blessed to serve these wonderful people in the life of our community.
- There are three people who are set up to attend new member classes at St. David Perkins, Rose Zavatsky, and Laura Zornan are certainly welcome additions to the life of our community. Make a point to welcome them with open arms if you haven’t already met them.
- I am so happy to be planning marriage to David Perkins on Saturday, May 19. You are all welcome to join us for this joyous occasion and to celebrate with our families and friends. You are among the closest companions in this daily walk of life. We will be honored by your presence.
- Confirmation for our six teens will be a grand event on Pentecost, May 20. Celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit falling afresh on Ean and Ethan Dodge, Jordan Eaton, Hunter and Christian Groves, and Chelsea Moorhead. What better affirmation of the vitality of our church than the involvement of this band of disciples.
- The Sabbatical Task Force is busy planning intergenerational summer events for preschoolers, elementary kids, and teens. They are also making ready plans to welcome Pastor Lang Collins on June 4 to work in my place through the summer months.
These are not the only ministry events happening during the month, and that means that everyone should find something to enjoy and participate in. Perhaps you will be here giving your talents, time, and treasure – again and again. Do it in devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the head of his body, the Church. And pray that we may be one in Christ!
“Now you are the Body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” 1 Corinthians 12:27
Your pastor in Christ,
Pastor Ann Marie Winters
JOINING HANDS / JOINING HEARTS: Rev. Ann Marie Winters and David Allen Perkins invite you to share in the joy of their wedding Saturday, May 19, 2018, at 11:00 in the morning at St. Paul Lutheran Church; refreshments to follow. (We’re joining two households: no gifts please.)
CELEBRATE GRAND-FAMILIES: “Celebrate Grand-families” is a new support group for grandparents raising their grandchildren. St. Paul is reaching out to support these families with Christian compassion and a place to meet and discuss their needs. We are starting with the group with five families from the community, and more are welcome, if you know of anyone who would fit in. While the women meet, we will have crafts, games, bible stories, snacks, help with homework, tutoring, and a fun social time for children. Church members are needed to help with the children. Sessions in April will be on Saturdays, May 12 and 26, from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. Please contact Brenda Ceplecci or Pastor Winters to help.